SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Vastco, Inc. is vitally interested in job safety during the construction of all projects. It is our desire and intent to create an atmosphere on each project that fosters and encourages safety at all times in order to prevent injury to any person.
To this end, Vastco, Inc. has established a Safety Program, including a General Safety Rules section to establish an overall procedural framework and general minimum safety guidelines applicable to all Vastco, Inc. employees and subcontractors. This Safety Program is intended to compliment - not replace – each subcontractor’s own safety program.
Each and every employee of Vastco, Inc. has the responsibility to him/herself and the Company for his/her own safety. In the performance of his/her duties, you shall observe all company rules and instructions relating to the safe and efficient performance of your assigned task.
All Vastco, Inc. employees should understand management’s belief that accidents can be prevented. By all employees cooperating, we can maintain our outstanding safety record. Let’s do everything we can to make our work experience pleasant, profitable and safe.
General Company Safety Philosophy
This general company safety philosophy has been developed to reflect and communicate the proactive safety attitude maintained at this Company.
Vastco, Inc. will comply with appropriate safety and security laws and regulations such as those established by:
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA),
- The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency),
- The DOT (Department of Transportation), and
- All other applicable federal, state, and local safety and health regulations.
In addition, our corporate safety philosophy includes the following vision statements:
Vastco, Inc. will comply with appropriate safety and security laws and regulations such as those established by OSHA, EPA, DOT, and all other applicable federal, state, and local safety and health regulations.
We believe that the safety of employees is of utmost importance, along with quality, production, and cost-control. Maintenance of safe operating procedures at all times is of both monetary and human value, with the human value being far greater to the employer, the employee, and the community. The following principles support this philosophy:
- All injuries and accidents are preventable through establishment and compliance with safe work procedures.
- The prevention of bodily injury and safeguarding of health are the first considerations in all workplace actions and are the responsibility of every employee at every level.
- Written safety plans describing the safe work practices and procedures to be practiced in all workplace actions are an essential element of the overall workplace safety program. All employees at every level are responsible for knowing and following the safety practices described in the written safety plans.
- Off the job, all employees should be similarly safe and demonstrate awareness of potential hazards.
Types of Written Safety Plans In Place
Because we care about our employees and strive to provide a safe work place, we have put into place a number of written safety plans. These written plans provide guidance and direction for the safety issues they cover. Those plans are covered throughout this Accident Prevention and Safety Manual.
It is the policy of Vastco, Inc. to provide a place of employment reasonably free from hazards which may cause illness, injury, or death to associates. It is also this Company's policy to establish an effective and continuous safety program incorporating educational and monitoring procedures maintained to teach safety, correct deficiencies, and provide a safe, clean working environment. All Vastco, Inc. supervisors, managers, directors, and officers are responsible for the enforcement of safety policies and practices.
All safety rules, procedures, and plans in effect at Vastco, Inc. are intended to be followed. Upon violation of any Company safety rule, the violating employee will be penalized. The severity of the penalty will be in direct correlation to the severity of the safety violation and will follow the Vastco, Inc. employee disciplinary policy.